Children do better in school when their parents are informed and take a regular, active interest in how they are doing in school. The new Parent Portal makes this easy. All the information you need is organized and displayed graphically, so it is easy to find and easy to read.
Whether you’re at home, at work, or at the library, you can log on to the Portal anywhere that has Internet access and check up on your student. Need to see if they arrived to school on time? Did you see the last test result? Wonder what you can do at home to help your student succeed? You’re just a click away.
Please visit DPS’ Student\Portal Webpage to Login, see Frequently Asked Questions, and get Help.
Download a copy of the Student Handbook 2015-2016.
Enrollment and Admissions
Compassion Road Academy is a Denver Public School High School. CRA has year-around enrollment based on student needs. Below are the steps to enrollment and admission to CRA.
- Schedule Initial Interview: please call and schedule an interview with the Principal or staff designee. During this interview process, the student is asked questions and together it is discussed if CRA is a good fit academically and socially.
- Special Education: please bring a copy of the student’s IEP or 504-plan to the initial interview. The IEP team reviews the IEP to verify that appropriate and necessary services can be provided to the student at CRA. Enrollment is pending until this review process occurs. Failure to disclose that a student has an IEP may result in enrollment revocation.
- Enrollment Paperwork: after the student is accepted to CRA, enrollment paperwork must be fully completed and received by the Office Manager. The student cannot begin classes until all necessary paperwork is signed and received.
- Assessment Testing: during registration, the student participates in testing for Math and English placement. With these results, the student’s schedule is created.
- Transcripts: please provide transcripts to CRA in order for the student to receive credit for coursework completed at any previous school.
If a student begins the enrollment process after the second week of the quarter, the student will have a modified schedule. However, if the student is experiencing homeless or transitional housing status, or is court ordered, enrollment is open and the student begins classes as soon as all paperwork is completed.